Make an appointment
Contact us directly
Telephone number: +3110 206 7500
Email address: email@example.com
Frequently asked questions
- Is there a waiting list?
- You can always go to rTMS International for an introductory meeting within one week. Treatment can be started as soon as the EEG has been performed and there is no evidence of this.
- What is an Electroencephalogram (EEG)?
- An EEG is a method in which electrodes are placed on the head by means of a swimming cap to map your brain activity. Any deviations are noted by the EEC. The EEG is therefore used to determine if you have brain activity that could be dangerous to stimulate with magnetic brain stimulation. This is only the case with any epileptic activity. If the EEG shows that this is the case, a neurologist must first be consulted before treatment can be started.
To make a good EEG. use is made of conductive gel. After the EEG as much gel as possible is removed but a remainder will remain visible. Washing your hair at home once ensures that all the gel is gone.
- Why haven’t I heard of rTMS before?
- rTMs is a technique that was introduced in the late 1990s as a treatment for depression. Since then, scientific and clinical research has been conducted to determine the safety of the treatment and to investigate the most effective protocols. It has been established that rTMS is a safe method that, for a large proportion of clients, contributes to the reduction of depression and / or compulsive complaints. Various publications show that clients with the “therapy resistant” diagnosis responded positively to treatment with rTMS. rTMS has been approved by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) since 2008 and since 2017 a number of Dutch health insurance companies have reimbursed treatment under the supplementary insurance.
- Does rTMS treatment hurt?
- Treatment with rTMS does not hurt and has few or no side effects. You sit in an easy chair and the coil that delivers the magnetic pulses is placed above your head. The magnetic pulses stimulate certain areas of the brain and decrease your depression and / or compulsive symptoms. Treatment with rTMS can cause mild tension headache after the end of treatment. This will ring again.
- Do I need a referral from my doctor?
- rTMS international is a private practice. You therefore do not need a referral from your doctor for treatment at rTMS International.
RTMS International is located at three locations.
All our locations are easily accessible by public transport and there is parking space in front.
- Visiting address
Utrecht / De Bilt
Dorpsstraat Vo Steenstraat 128
3732 HL De Bilt
- Opening hours
maandag 09:00 - 18:30
dinsdag 09:00 - 18:00
woensdag 09:00 - 18:30
donderdag 09:00 - 18:00
vrijdag 09:00 - 18:30
zaterdag 12:00 - 14:00
- Make an appointment