Travel to Rotterdam
Travel to Rotterdam by plane. There are direct flights to Rotterdam the Hague airport (RTM) From your country you can fly directly to Schiphol airport. Contact your local travel agency or on the internet for tickets.
It is easy to park in front of the clinic. One-hour parking costs approximately €2,50
Travel within Rotterdam
Our clinic in Rotterdam is within 3-minute walk from bus and tram. Address: ‘s-Gravendijkwal 66, 3014 EG Rotterdam
Tram line 21, 23 and 24 stop Tiendplein
Bus line 32 and 44 stop Nieuwe binnenweg
Hotels in Rotterdam
If you have chosen for the Intensive program you will be staying in Rotterdam for at least 5 days in a row. Reservations at a hotel or Bed & Breakfast during your stay are at own expense and risk.
Rotterdam offers many forms of accommodation. In practice I see that a lot of our foreign clients choose to stay in an apartment via for example Airbnb. Others choose to stay in hotels, of which there are quite a few in different price categories. To give you an impression:
An apartment about which we’ve heard particularly good reviews is “Urban Residences Rotterdam“.
Frequently asked questions about rTMS
- What is an Electroencephalogram (EEG)?
- An EEG is a method in which electrodes are placed on the head by means of a swimming cap to map your brain activity. Any deviations are noted by the EEC. The EEG is therefore used to determine if you have brain activity that could be dangerous to stimulate with magnetic brain stimulation. This is only the case with any epileptic activity. If the EEG shows that this is the case, a neurologist must first be consulted before treatment can be started.
To make a good EEG. use is made of conductive gel. After the EEG as much gel as possible is removed but a remainder will remain visible. Washing your hair at home once ensures that all the gel is gone.
- Do I need a referral from my doctor?
- rTMS international is a private practice. You therefore do not need a referral from your doctor for treatment at rTMS International.
- Is there a waiting list?
- You can always go to rTMS International for an introductory meeting within one week. Treatment can be started as soon as the EEG has been performed and there is no evidence of this.
- Why haven’t I heard of rTMS before?
- rTMs is a technique that was introduced in the late 1990s as a treatment for depression. Since then, scientific and clinical research has been conducted to determine the safety of the treatment and to investigate the most effective protocols. It has been established that rTMS is a safe method that, for a large proportion of clients, contributes to the reduction of depression and / or compulsive complaints. Various publications show that clients with the “therapy resistant” diagnosis responded positively to treatment with rTMS. rTMS has been approved by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) since 2008 and since 2017 a number of Dutch health insurance companies have reimbursed treatment under the supplementary insurance.
- Does rTMS treatment hurt?
- Does rTMS treatment hurt? Treatment with rTMS does not hurt and has few or no side effects. You sit in an easy chair and the coil that delivers the magnetic pulses is placed above your head. The magnetic pulses stimulate certain areas of the brain and decrease your depression and / or compulsive symptoms. Treatment with rTMS can cause mild tension headache after the end of treatment. This will go away on its own or after taking a painkiller
What can we treat?
A life without depression or OCD with rTMS